Saturday, January 7, 2012

NO REPLY

NOTE: CIPO*
                                 F(6)
This happened once before
                                 G(6)
When I came to your door,
           C
No reply-;
                            F(6)
They said it wasn't you
                                 G(6)
But I saw you peep through
           C
your window.
                 Am-Em(7)                F(M7)-EM(7)
I saw the light! I saw the light!
                                 Dm
I know that you saw me
                                G(6)         C
'Cause I looked up to see your face
                        F(6)
I tried to telephone
                                           G(6)
they said that you were not home
              C
That's a lie
                                         F(6)
Cause I know where you've been
                     G(6)         C(6)
I saw you walk in your door
               Am-Em(7)
I nearly died! I nearly died!
                                        F(6)
Cause you walked hand in hand
                     G(6)            C
With another man in my place
REFRAIN:
               C         E              A
If I were you. I'd realize that I
               Dm           F           C
love you more than any other guy 
                C           E          A
And I'll forgive the lies that I         
              Dm
heard before
                 F                  C
When you gave me no reply
(REPEAT 2ND STANZA)
CODA:
        Am-Em7     F(M7)
No reply! No reply!