Friday, December 23, 2011

HOLD ME TIGHT Lennon McCartney (BEATLES-Parlophone)

NOTE:CIPO*

Original key is half-tone (step)higher,i.e.,F.

INTRO:E(7)
      B(7            [now]
It feels so right 
                      [so   ]
    E(7)          A7
Hold me tight
F#7                      B7              
Tell me I'm the only one,
          E(7)      A7
And then I might
F#7                    B7
Never be the lonely one

CHORUS:
       E            E7
So hold me tight,(me tight)
       A(7)                      Am(7)
Tonight, (tonight) tonight, (tonight)
        E(7)
It's you,
                 E(7)-B7-
You, you, you -
    E(7)        A7
Hold me tight,
F#7                   B7
Let me go on loving you
      E(7)         A7
Tonight, tonight,
F#7                       B7
Making love to only you
(REPEAT CHORUS EXCEPT
LAST WORD)
       E(7)-G-
...you
REFRAIN
            E(7)
Don't know
G                                E(7)
What it means to hold you tight,
A7                   F#(7)
Being here alone tonight with you.

(REPEAT 1ST STANZA)
(REPEAT CHORUS EXCEPT
LAST WORD)
       E(7)-G-
...you.-
(REPEAT REFRAIN)
      B7
It feels so right, now
(REPEAT 2ND STANZA & CHORUS
EXCEPT LAST WORD)
         E(7)-G-E(7)
...you.-
     G-E
You.-